Is Keyword Research Tools Important?
Keywords are one of the most, if not the most, important aspect of your website. You want your website to rank within the first three pages of the search engines. You want to know what keyword research tools competitors are using to rank on page one of Google. I will explain later about an SEO keyword research tool I use for my websites and content.
What I did when I first started out, I went to all the high earning website members on Wealthy Affiliate and visited their websites to see how they were doing it and how they managed to earn thousands of dollars per month from their websites. So my point is as far as content creation is concerned, watch what other people are doing in your niche. Get some inspiration from their website and adapt it to suit your website.
Once you expand your platform, you can use your acquired knowledge, personal views, and whatever conversation you pick up in social media to create content that will be valuable and rank well within the search engines.
But the main question is, what is the point of content creation if nobody is even visiting your website? I will provide you with a keyword research tutorial that will help your website obtain high rankings. There are two keyword tools I use. One is free and the other one is premium.
Jaxxy Keyword Tool
Jaxxy is one keyword tool I would recommend to any website owner, beginner or advanced. It tells you EVERYTHING you need to know in order to get your content ranked by targeting keywords within your niche. I have taken a screenshot of my account to give you an overall idea.
You enter your keyword in the search engine, for example, I chose keyword research and it gave me a list of all possible keywords I can use when writing my content.
- It tells you the average number of users that search for the keyword every month.
- It tells you the expected traffic or number of visitors to your site if you use that specific keyword.
- It will give you your QSR for your keyword which basically means it shows you how many of your competitors in your niche are using the same keyword.
- It tells you the KQI for each keyword and whether it will be a good ranking keyword or not. You only want to choose a keyword with the green symbol which means it is a great keyword to attract visitors.
- The SEO column ranges from 1 to 100. You want your SEO keyword to be as high as possible so you can get ranked higher.
- The Domain column will literally take you to your competitor’s sites.
I have tried many SEO keyword research services and not one comes close to the accuracy of Jaaxy. You get 30 FREE searches to use but then you have to upgrade at a monthly fee of $19. That amount is an investment because you will see your rankings shoot up if you know which keywords to target within your content.
Click below to try Jaxxy out
Keyword Research Tool Free
Another great tool that is free to use when you sign up for your free Wealthy Affiliate account.
- It shows you the average monthly number of people inputting that keyword into their search.
- It shows the amount of traffic you can target if using a specific keyword.
- You can see your competition relating to a specific keyword.
- Article power (with 10 being the best) shows you how well an article will rank if you use a specific keyword.
- PPC power tells you the strength of a keyword if you use paid advertising on your website.
- Dig will allow you to dig deeper and find more related keywords.
If you would like to try the Wealthy Affiliate keyword tool for free then click below
Ranking Your Site With Keyword Tools
When using the keyword tools, you want to pick a keyword that doesn’t have too much competition. For instance, you want the score to show traffic of more than 100 people per month but you want your competition (QSR) to be less than 300 a month. You don’t want to be competing with 350 or 500 competitors, especially when you are starting a brand new website.
How To Use Keywords
Every website owner has different strategies for targeting keywords. There is no right or wrong way to implement your keyword in your posts. Your keyword is just a guideline to show the search engines what your post is about. Maybe you find one that works better but this is what I use in all my niche websites and it has been working well for me thus far.
Keyword Optimization Checklist
⇒ Essential: Keyword in the title of your post or article.
⇒ Essential: Keyword placement within the first paragraph.
⇒ Voluntary: Keyword in an h3 tag.
⇒ Voluntary: Keyword in an alt tag.
⇒ Voluntary: Adding the keyword again somewhere in the post.
Why Am I Not Ranking?
This is a question I often see, ‘’why is my post not ranking’’. There are several answers to this question.
The main reason is because your site does not have enough authority yet. If you are a fairly new site with less than lets say ten posts, chances are Google won’t rank your posts yet until you have earned enough authority.
Even websites that are about 3 months old may be struggling to rank their content. That’s why in the beginning it is best to go for low competition keywords just so you can build authority. Also internal linking is vital. If you write a post, link to another related post within your website. If someone leaves your site within a few minutes, this might signify your content isn’t good which also affects ranking. Put some thought into your content creation.
I have some niche websites that have over 200 posts, averaging between 1000 and 2000 words and some of these posts don’t get ranked within Google. Nobody knows what makes up Googles algorithm, so if a post of mine doesn’t rank, I just move on and create my next one. No point in trying to figure it out.
Thanks for stopping by. I hope that explained it a bit with regards to keyword research. Make sure you use one of the keyword tools above when doing your research.